* The Swift Plug-in Hybrid is aimed at people who make predominantly short journeys and would drive it on battery power.
* If the driver covers no more than 20km per day, the engine does not start and thus uses no petrol.
* The generator is driven by a light, fuel-efficient K6A 658cm3 minivehicle engine.
* Since the engine is used only for the generator, its speed is controlled for maximal efficiency.
* Efforts to minimize friction throughout the engine are reflected in engine parts such as low-tension piston rings.
* The propulsion battery is a lithium-ion type incorporated into the centre console.
* A battery capacity of a minimal 2.66kWh reflects a priority on cost and space savings.
* A connector that allows the battery to be charged using household mains power is positioned on the rear of the body.
* The battery can be charged using relatively inexpensive nighttime power.
* Overall length: 3,755mm
* Overall width: 1,690mm
* Overall height: 1,510mm
* Wheelbase: 2,390mm
* Seating capacity: Five persons
Generator engine: Displacement: 658cm3; max. output: 40kW
Generator: Permanent-magnet, synchronous; max. output 40kW
Propulsion motor: Permanent-magnet, synchronous; max. output 55kW
Battery: Lithium-ion; rated voltage: 260V; capacity: 2.66kWh
Driving range: 20km on battery (before generator starts)
* Drive system: Front-engine, front-wheel drive (two-wheel drive)