The Tacoma TX Package Concept was developed for the 2009 SEMA Show to gauge public reaction to its unique design themes and multiple performance modifications. The Tacoma TX is equipped with an impressive list of Toyota Racing Development (TRD) performance accessories and two unique graphics along each side of the truck. SEMA attendee reaction to the Tacoma TX will help enable Toyota to make necessary refinements and finalize a package available for Tacoma buyers in future model years.
Toyota used a 2010 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 as the base vehicle for the modification project. Newport Beach, Calif.-based advertising agency Blue C teamed up with Toyota to create the unique dual theme design. The driver side graphic, named Tacoma TX2, is an evolution of the current TRD design. Inspired by traditional TRD elements that convey the lifestyle of Tacoma owners, the design offers a new look and feel that is unique, yet maintains the TRD brand heritage.
The passenger side graphic design, called the TX Pro, conveys the energy of today's youth. The design theme is inspired by travels to SCORE International, Vans Warp Tours, Coachella Music Festival and SuperCross events. The "Pro" designation gives a nod to those who are passionately involved in the high-energy action sports scene.
In addition to its design themes, the Tacoma TX received several performance modifications including TRD 16 x7.5-inch off road bead lock style wheels, BF Goodrich all-terrain T/A KO LT285/75x16 tires, a TRD stainless steel Cat-Back exhaust, Cadmium plated Bilstein 5100 Series shocks, a Genuine Toyota class 4 trailer hitch, a Genuine Toyota lightweight aluminum tube steps with a black finish, a Motoextender by Amp Research, and Genuine TRD floormats.
TACOMA TX PACKAGE FEATURES
Partners and Sponsors
Principle: Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
Builder: Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
Performance: Toyota Racing Development (TRD)
Graphics: Blue C Advertising
- 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner
- 4.0L V6 DOHC 24V VVT-i 236HP Engine
- 5-Speed ECT-i Automatic Transmission
- 5.0 foot Fiber Reinforced Sheet Molded Composite (SMC) Inner Bed w/Steel Outer Panels, Removable Tailgate & Rail Caps, Deck Rail System with 4 Adjustable Tie-Down Cleats
- SR5 Extra Value Package: Remote Keyless Entry System, Cruise Control, Chrome Grille Surround & Rear Bumper, Color-Keyed Front Bumper & Overfenders, Fog Lamps, Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, Metallic Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Leather-Wrapped Shifter, Backup Camera & Auto Dimming Inside Mirror with Monitor
- V6 Tow Package: Class 4 Hitch, Transmission and Supplemental Oil Coolers, 130A Alternator, Heavy Duty Battery, 7-Pin Connector w/Converter
- TRD 16 X 7.5 Off Road Bead Lock Style Wheels
- BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO LT285/75X16 Tires
- TRD Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust
- Cadmium plated Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks
- Genuine Toyota Lightweight Aluminum Tube Steps with black finish
- Motoxtender by Amp Research
- Genuine TRD Floor mats
- Driver Side - Tacoma tx2
Þ The “lifestyle” direction targets the audience that utilizes a truck for their normal, everyday life interactions
- Passenger Side - Tacoma T|X
Þ Design elements including the “Individualistic” stars and the “Power of Individualism” griffin are utilized as major mainstays in the overall design.