World Record in Nardo
For the tuning elite, the dates of 18/19 October 2009 represented a very special time in the calendar:
the High Performance Event by Continental and Auto Bild SportsCars in Nardo.
Nardo - an oval over 12 km, on which speeds far above 250 km/h can be - and are - achieved!
For Steinmetz Opel-Tuning and Klasen Motors, the ideal place for breaking the existing speed world record for a road-legal Opel... and for setting a new record of 287.4 km/h.
This puts the Insignia Sports Tourer OPC by Steinmetz / Klasen right at the top of the Opel best ever list. For everyone who wants to share in the flair, the following parts are available for the Opel Insignia:
The current Steinmetz product range for both vehicles includes:
- Alloy wheels ST7 20", in white & polished black 5-door, Sports Tourer and OPC
- Lowering 5-door, Sports Tourer and OPC
- Front grille 5-door and Sports TourerFront spoiler, pedestrian-friendly 5-door and Sports Tourer
- Roof spoiler Sports Tourer only
- Foot mats 5-door and Sports TourerDoor
- handle trims, chromed stainless steel 5-door and Sports Tourer
The latest Klasen Motors product range for the performance upgrade:
A modified intercooler, larger turbo with 3" exhaust system including rear silencer, modified fuel injection system and reprogrammed engine electronics are the components responsible for the incredible performance upgrade.Developing 400 HP at 5250 rpm and 550 Nm, there is plenty of power available in every situation to satisfy even the keenest and most enthusiastic driver.